Shampoo Bar- Vegan, Solid Shampoo Bar
2020 winner of Good Housekeeping 'best shampoo bar!'
Join the PLASTIC FREE revolution & switch to using a Shampoo Bar today!
Shampoo Bars are not only great for your hair, they are Eco Friendly, and are a great step towards reducing your plastic use.
Shampoo Bars are great for travelling or gym use, as they take up very little room, and you don't have to worry about them leaking in your bag.
These bars are loaded with hair loving ingredients, and are just as good, if not better, than regular liquid Shampoo.
SULPHATE FREE SURFACTANT BLEND -
Surfactants are the ingredients that actually clean the hair. Surfactants are also what create lather in our Shampoo. A lot of hard work has been put in to formulate a SULPHATE FREE, effective Surfactant blend, that will not strip or dry your hair, lathers well and is gentle enough for the whole family to use - Suitable for ages 3 years & up. *Please note that this is NOT a tear free formula.
The Surfactants that have been used are -
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate - a natural, mild surfactant derived from Coconuts.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphoacetate (SLSA) - not to be confused with SLS, this is a completely different ingredient, and is also known as Baby Foam, because of its mild & gentle nature. It is an EcoCert ingredient.
- Cocomidopropyl Betaine - a gentle surfactant derived from Coconuts.
THE REST OF THE AWESOME INGREDIENTS -
- Coconut Oil - Great for all hair types, it adds conditioning properties without weighing down the hair shaft.
- Argan Oil - Has been used for centuries in hair care, and again, like the Coconut Oil, it is suitable for all hair types. Adds lustre & shine to hair, with great emollient properties, without weighing down the hair.
- Cetyl Alcohol - This helps to create a hard bar that will not disintegrate in the warm shower. It also adds a beautiful silky conditioning quality.
- BTMS (INCI name - Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol) - This is our main Conditioning ingredient, and it really is a power house ingredient. It will leave you with wonderfully soft hair, that is silky, with a lovely bounce. It is also a great detangling ingredient. This also helps to create a hard bar.
- Hydrolysed Wheat Protein - This ingredient has the same properties as Keratin, but unlike commercial Keratin which is animal derived, Wheat Protein is Vegan Friendly & plant derived. It provides high substantivity to hair and can impart hair repairing properties, improve the ease of hair combing and improve colour deposition and retention of dyes on hair.
- Panthenol - panthenol is a humectant, emollient and a moisturiser. It coats the hair and seals its surface, lubricating the hair shaft and making strands appear shiny.
- Polyquarternium 7 - This is an anti-static Conditioning ingredient. It prevents the buildup of static electricity and forms a thin coating on the hair shaft that is absorbed by the hair, inhibiting the hair from absorbing moisture and creating frizz.
- Phenoxyethanol - This is a Paraben Free, non formaldehyde releasing Preservative. Although our Shampoo Bar contains no water, it will be used in a very wet, warm environment, and the last thing we want is it to start growing nasties. The preservative will ensure that your bar is safe to use from the first wash, right through until the last.
- Bergamot Essential Oil - Bergamot Essential Oil has antiseptic & antimicrobial properties, so is fantastic when used in hair care, as it contributes to a happy & healthy scalp. It also adds a beautiful shine to the hair & smells gorgeously citrusy.
- Allergen Free Berry Fragrance Oil - I have added this to give the Shampoo Bar a yummy fruity scent, which blends wonderfully with the Bergamot Essential Oil. The scent is not too strong or overpowering & is sure to be loved by the whole family.
The Shampoo Bars test consistently with a PH of 5 - 5.5, which is exactly where it should be for hair care.
These bars have been formulated to be suitable for all hair types - not an easy thing to achieve - but as with Skincare, everyone's hair is different, so they may not work for everyone.
The bars have been tested by the following hair types -
Thick, corse hair
Colour treated hair
Dandruff prone hair
All testers loved the bars & were very happy with the results. Those with Oily hair found that they didn't need to use a separate Conditioner, but again, everyone is different.
One Shampoo bar can last up to as long as 3 average sized bottles of Shampoo - results may vary depending on hair length, how hard or soft your water is & if it is left to dry completely between uses.
The bars come packaged in glassine paper bags, which are recyclable & compostable, so are completely plastic free.
How to use your Shampoo Bar- simply wet your hair, then rub the bar over the hair a few times. Work in to a lather, then rinse.
Follow with Conditioner as needed. For best results, allow the Shampoo Bar to dry completely between uses - a draining soap dish is best. Bars left in water will not last as long as if they are left to dry.
Net weight - 50g e
This is the first shampoo bar I’ve tried and I’m so so impressed!!!!
I use it alongside another natural non foaming shampoo. I like to use the bar first to give my hair a really good bubbly wash then I use the other. My hair is the shiniest it has ever been and hair loss is practically non existent!!!
Tried loads of shampoo bars but this one is by far the best , left my hair smelling fab, feeling soft and it was so shiny and healthy looking. No more bottles for me !!! Love it xx
Great products - first time I have used a conditioning bar and it works really well. Smells good too!
Been meaning to try this Shampoo bar for a while, finally got round to ordering. I love it, it smells fab, and I leave it drying on bedside table and I get wafts of its smell every now and again. A little goes a long way and leaves hair clean, silky and shiny. I dont think ill go back to bottled shampoo now, its much better for hair than some shampoos. Great value for money too...as I said a little goes long way!